martedì 29 gennaio 2008

Intro

Ok guys, here we are! the EVS experience has started!
Actually this is not the first day I am in the nice city of Osijek, north-east Croatia.
How did it happen? well..let's start with an amazing tale! I will try to be brief enough not to bother you guys!
First of all I must say that I have been waiting for such an experience like this since I was 17, the first time I went abroad on my own. That time was in England, London.
I will be honest..it's quite hard to explain my sensations right now, I would like to describe every single moment I have been feeling since I arrived in Osijek but I realize it's gonna be a nightmare for the readers!!!!!!

I read for the first time about the EVS in internet, I was looking for a job or an exchange in Europe and I hit on an interesting web-page where I found out lots of informations about working abroad as a volunteer in different projects, regarding environment, human rights, health, racism, xenophobia and much more. I was soon captured by that program and I started getting the most of it!
I have been searching and waiting for a project that really reflected my ideas and my dreams on this experience whilst I was going to University. Finally last October after my graduation and after I had already enrolled a Master, just by accident, I got an email from the Italian organization which I addressed to for volunteering within "Youth in Action" Program. I was informed there was a vacancy just where I had wanted to go for ages so...I was too excited about going to Croatia!!!
I was like: can you really believe that Federica?!!!!

This adventure started on 26/01/08. I have been here only for 2 days actually but so many things have already happened!
Now I need to calm down and start enjoying properly this incredible experience serendipity offered to me! ;-)

3 commenti:

Magdalena Gindra-Vady ha detto...

nice page my dear :)

Unknown ha detto...

Hello Frede! I can't wait your post about Saturday evening in Bastion. I hope you had a great time with us!

Unknown ha detto...

Oh yeah! I just realized! Sorry about r in your name FEDE!