giovedì 15 maggio 2008

Working at MoE..

Sixth day in Coventry.

It's been almost a week since I moved to UK.

After a very quiet weekend during which I tried to recharge myself (as I had been awake for several hours on my way back from Macedonia..let's say 2 days in a row again!), Monday came and I started enjoying MoE!

First of all..where am I staying at the moment? I am living with two nice young men, Cyprian from Kenya, and Mark from a lovely place not too far from Coventry whose name I cannot remember..actually I could try but I think I would be wrong with its spelling so..never mind, I will ask him later!

Cyprian is a student of Maths at Coventry University and he's having his last exam for this academic year right tomorrow; Mark is employed at MoE, he deals with interreligious dialogue since he has studied something I found really interesting: theology!
I have already asked him something about his studies as I think they are really really interesting. I do think so as I am having the chance, whenever I join a TC, to get to know people who have different religious belief and little by little I am discovering some aspects related to other religions I didn't expect! Like when I got to know my room-mate from Kosovo at my first TC in Stip..she is muslim and thanks to her I got a very instructive insight on her religion.

Moreover, we are sharing a flat, everybody has their own single room and then we share kitchen, living room and bathroom.
Asha House (that's how everybody calls it here) is just next door with MoE office so..I can get up calm and quiet every morning since I do not have to hurry cuz of the traffic or anything else!

In the office there are several people working..the ones whom I am mainly in touch with are Kath, who deals with administrative and financial issues of the organization and Sanil, who is just next to me in the office and deals with some local and international projects for MoE.
My role at the moment is to help Jarek and Max with their projects, so for instance, I am following the confirmations for the participation at the "Europe for Citizens" Conference due at the end of the month here in Coventry, or taking care of the evaluations about a PBA held in Armenia last month.

I like being here, I am experiencing something totally different from Croatia. This is a real office while at Cnc I was in a Youth Club.

Whenever I stop and I start reflecting about these last months, actually since I left Italy and all these experiences I have been doing, I am so glad I am having such a great chance to get to know so many things! And even though we have been quite unlucky with our EVS, I feel it's ok like this as..who thought I would have had the possibility to spend a month in England while I was volunteering in Croatia??? and what about the beautiful and so useful TCs I participated in in Stip?!!

Whatever happens from now further I think it won't be more surprising than what has already occured! Anyway there's always something interesting to learn, anywhere at anytime! That's my philosophy! ;-)
And that's why I have not given up yet! ;-)

Of course I must thank some people..first of all my trainers from my first TC in Stip, Andrijana let me participated once again to her training; Max and Jarek who helped me at the beginning and also right now while I am staying in Coventry; in general lots of people I got to know in these months as I had many deep talks with some new friends, which gave me enough obstinacy to go on even though I was facing lots of problems with my EVS..and of course the person who is actually responsible for all our "EVS troubles"!! Honestly I am not truly thank him as he has put our motivation very low, but at the same time because of that I found some alternatives and I got other chances..so all in all..a little and different "thanks" to him too!! ;-)

Today it's cloudy, but it's the first time since I have been in England..I also got some tan on Sunday!
What else would I ask for? There's also a nice weather in the most rainy country of Europe!!!
I am only waiting for Andrijana to join me in Coventry and then the cherry will be on the top of the cake!!! :-P

Nessun commento: