venerdì 14 marzo 2008

Like a real "Osiječka"!

Finally I sit down! Today I can say I kept fit :-)
Starting in the morning with cleaning the Youth Center, before I wrote an article about CMS for Templar Networks Magazine and following with a "round trip" here in Osijek! Luckily I ate a lot at lunch!! :-P
My long walk trough the city wasn't meaningless actually..my parents are coming to Osijek to visit me after Easter for a couple of days so I am seeking a nice place for them where to sleep!
I asked for some suggestions to Damjan and Danijela and then my search has started..first I went to the farest hotel they told me, which is not really far, something like 20 minutes walking. It has been an interesting experience for me cuz I visited another part of the city, I think it was the east side..but I am not sure..

I went through the periphery of Osijek, I saw lots of houses, like single houses and also apartment buildings, small shops like newsstand and minimarket, but not really minimarket..actually they looked like old fashion shops were you could buy only some kind of foodstuff (milk, bread, eggs, flour..let's say basic foodstuff!)..it's been like being in a book!
Then I spoke some Croatian!! I really like to try even though I don't know a lot..actually I know some basic grammar rules but..just a very few words so..it's definitely ridiculous to have a conversation but..I keep on trying!
So, I was searching for the street where my first target was and I asked some information to a man, he would be around 60 so he couldn't speak English my dears!!! That's the proof we communicated in another language!!!

Then on the way back I decided to test myself again and I went to a couple of hairdresser's shops..crazy choice you might think but..not at all!! I am planning to go to the hairdresser so I am checking the average price..and it's really unbelievable..for a haircut here they charge you around 40-50 Kn!!!!! Which is something like 5-7 euros!! So I really want to try!!!
Everybody laughs when I say I want to go to the hairdresser cuz they guess there's a reason why it's so cheap..how will I look like after the haircut?! But come on people! let's try! Hair can be longer again so..I book my haircut! Next week on Tuesday at 3 pm!!! I am very excited..it's gonna be a lot of fun as soon as I will have to explain to the girl how I would like her to cut my hair..:-D

Finally I went back to the center to check other hotels and I found out the one which makes my case! It's very close to my apartment and to the center too..actually it's in between these two places. I went in, I asked for information and the owner seemed very helpful and nice..he also tried to speak some Italian!

Finally here I am now..ready for my parents to call me..I hope..and for the weekend to begin! ;-)

Nessun commento: