giovedì 13 marzo 2008

Thoughts...


Another week has almost come to the end and of course I have other interesting news to add!
On Tuesday we had our meeting with Danijela, we spoke about the On-arrival training and our future activities. And it's just about those that I really have to say something!

Some friends of mine usually tell me: "Federica, you are always around, we cannot bet where you are cuz you cannot stay in the same place for more than a month..almost!!!"..it seems to be like something I cannot avoid..travels follow me..that's not me who seek for them..:-P
Why? well, if some people said we had a busy February or a very hasty March..I would like to know how they are going to define our next April...

We got to know that... we can go to Macedonia and Albania for sure!
We will have at first a training in Macedonia from 2-8 April, than we will probably move to Serbia, Fruška Gora, and finally to Albania.
I guess we will be fed up with travelling after this EVS, even though it's something I would never say! But never mind, the stake is too high to think about stress!
This is defenitely a great opportunity for us to broaden our knowledge (for our future job..finger crossed!) on interesting topics such as multiculturalism, intercultural environments, integration, migration and moreover European awareness, democratic citizenship and so on! But also a great chance to experience different methods of teaching and learning.

Although my experience in such trainings is still very little, now I can say something more than last month, when I wrote while I was waiting for the CMS to start and for me to participate to my first training.
What is amazing for me is the philosophy of non-formal education. The methods used by the trainers to let participants learn lots of things in a few days. Everybody has the chance to speak, express himself, put on the table his own ideas and on the other side listen to other peers or people with more experience.
At the CMS I felt completely bombed by thousands of information and what I did was to put them on one side..I couldn't think about them during those days..too many new things at the same time!! My concern was to miss this chance, not to be able to take advantage of all those precious information cuz I was not sure to be able to keep up with the training programme.
But I was wrong! Soon after the end of the training I revised everything and I realized that I had added new pieces to my "puzzle".
And this is the incredible power of non-formal education: you act bodily, by speaking, drawing, listening to, sharing opinions and experience and at the end you have really absorbed all of that! But not only in your brain! Something you have truly and deeply lived is something you will hold for your whole life as your "personal cultural knowledge"..and that's the huge difference with standard methods!

So many many thanks to those people who are giving us these valuable chances and allowing us to make these unique experiences! :-)

Nessun commento: