venerdì 28 marzo 2008

Tenth week.
This week has been shorter than the previous ones cuz of Easter Monday and then cuz I spent time with my parents, so Friday came as quickly as to shut and open your eyes!

Next week Magadalena and I are leaving for Stip, Macedonia, for a training course about "Migration, Integration, Inclusion promoting minority youth empowerment in Europe". We are very enthusiastic but in these last few days we had some problems in arranging our travel. We were supposed to go by plane from Belgrade but it seems English National Agency doesn't want to allow us to travel that way..Magdalena doesn't give up cuz she has problems with her back and it's not comfortable for her to travel more than 4 hours by bus and I support her as it's also an issue of principle..they have a certain amount of money from Brussels for us..why do they not want us to use all of them? But mainly, why do they avoid to explain what the matter is?
So we are keeping on working on that..;-)

Yesterday we experienced something totally new for all of us..something quite scary..
It happened at first late in the morning..I had already gone to the Cnc while Magdalena was still at home, finishing the photo album for her nephew, whose baptism will be this Sunday, and Madara was at the swimming pool with her boyfriend. I was talking with Damjan and we heard a strong noise, like plonk. The very first time I didn't pay attention to that..then the second one came and I thought somebody had shut vigorously a gate or the door of a garage..
Then another one..what the hell was happening?? Finally Magdalena arrived and she said she heard the same noise but it was not only noise, there were also vibrations..like when there is an heartquake somewhere not too far from were you are and you feel something is moving..
and so Damjan told us that maybe operators were detonating mines not too far from Osijek.
He explained to us that they clean up areas where mines had been left during the war, they collect those mines they find and finally they get rid of them by making them detonating in a huge hole on the ground..what an impressive sound has been!
We were also walking to the supermarket when we heard that..I jumped on Magdalena's shoulders as I didn't expect that so loud! and then again at home..windows were shaking so much and then I went to the bathroom and also the towels were moving whenever the detonation occured.
I thought about how horrible it was during the war when people heard that every day, more than those of yesterday and louder.
It's something that really impresses me as I was used to listen to some speeches about wars from my grandad and granma and I cannot immagine that people of my same age had experienced that too. And of course I didn't have any idea of the sound of a bomb or granate and yesterday we heard something similar to that (as we cannot compare it to what our friends heard 15 years ago here).

Nessun commento: