mercoledì 27 febbraio 2008

Back to work

Here we are, back to work all of us!
But just for a few days, actually for this last three days of the week cuz..next week we will be in Sarajevo!!!
Yes my dears! We were supposed to go to the on-arrival training for EVS volunteers to Belgrade but, due to the Serbian demonstrations against ambassies and public places because of Kosovo's declaration of independence, SALTO, which coordinates this programme in the Balkans, moved it to Sarajevo.
I was very happy when Madara informed us we got an email about that! Although I was really looking forward for going to Belgrade I am definitely eager for the on-arrival t. to be in Sarajevo as it was in the list of my top destinations in the Balkans.
So now we must finish our job with the smoking research, as we left it aside because of the CMS, and then we will be ready to go!!!

I thought Sarajevo was nearer to Osijek, but I was wrong..we will spend almost 7 hours on the train to reach the heart of BiH. But never mind..we are three funny girls, full of ideas to entertain ourselves..ihihi!! For instance we found out a way to have big belly laughes!!
Well, I feel quite embarassed to talk about that..but..I really do think it's an interesting and incisive example to let people understand how nice is to share daily moments with foreign peers! and how useful it is!!

It started during the CMS, actually during our "siesta" after lunch..we usually laid on Danijela's bed (as I have already told you..;-) and as we didn't have enough time to sleep we just had a rest..and how horrible is to lay down, doing nothing and being aware that you cannot fall asleep because in 15-30 minutes you have to go?! very much! but the "Charlie's Angels" of Osijek (sometimes we use this stupid nickname for us!) knew how to enjoy that time: speaking to each other in our own mother tongue!!
Believe me people that it's really funny! We spoke with the right intonation and even if we coudn't understand each other (cuz, of course, we don't know Latvian, German and Italian at the same time!) it seemed we were talking properly!! and sometimes we could catch some words and understand what we were talking about..
By the way, we really burst into a big big laugh and when Damjan came in the room he really wanted to know "what we ate for lunch" cuz we were having so much fun!!
Hence..I am not worried for 7 hours on the train with my dear housemates-colleagues-adventures fellows!!!

Ok, let's turn to something more serious..
Last night we had a meeting with Danijela, Damjan and all the people who participated to the CMS from the CnC. Danijela wanted each of us to say what he/she would change and improve both on a personal level and on a group level.
I thought it was an interesting and useful idea cuz assessing an experience, as soon as it's done, helps anyone to find mistakes and avoid them next time!
The meeting went fine all in all, even though I think that some people took too seriously some advice or suggestions others gave them..

I personally think that the seminar has gone really really fine, I have no doubt in giving a totally positive evaluation of that so I also think it was wrong to concentrate ourselves on the negative aspects.
Why am I saying that? Well, mainly because it's true that it's useful to analyze the faults but as soon as people lose the main point, or the main aim, of the analysis it's better to suspend the discussions.
I was a bit sorry last night cuz I know almost everyone did big efforts for everything to be nice and perfect and I really think that any comment should be taken too seriously..I mean, we were considering what could be improved for the next training but definitely there was no reason for any serious criticism!
I would like people to reconsider their points last night cuz there was really no point for getting angry or very annoyed!
You have all done a great job people!
Look at the good comments which come from your EVS volunteers who really had a great time last week!

Nessun commento: