martedì 12 febbraio 2008

Here we are! back from Tvrđa..and really glad about how our survey has gone!
I was quite unsure about the outcomes this morning as I was worried for the cold weather and for stopping people around, but I must admit that it wasn't so bad!
On the opposite I enjoyed this experience! We were able to catch even 10 people in the main square and then very easily we found out other 25 people going towards Tvrđa and up there too.
Actually I was surprised cuz of the shyness of the majority of the people we stopped. It seemed to me that they were quite embarassed of speaking to us and fulfilling the questionnaires we gave them..I thought it would have been a nice chance to get to know new people but on the contrary both boys and girls have been reserved..only a small group of young boys talked to us more, asking about this research and about us, where we are from and so on..actually..as soon as I told them I was from Italy they started saying "oh Italija, mafia, spaghetti.."..I do not care about that of course but..I don't like when in other countries people cite "mafia"!!! There are so many good things to remember about Italy..why do they talk about that?! and.."mafia" is not actually only in Italy!!! Why isn't the Russian or Chinese mafia mentioned as often as the Italian one? sometimes I guess people watched too much tv and American movies about gangsters in New York..
by the way..they have been nice with us so I don't want to complain too much! I also took a picture of them and, as I promised, I will add it here. They tried to have our email or msn addresses but..too easy guys! I said them to check the CnC's website where they will be able to reach our blogs..eh eh..;-)

Then back home where we have found our lovely Magdalena, grappled with a very good smelling and (first of all!!) hot soup for her two dear house-mates, been out for about 2 hours at 6 degrees!!! I would have said they were less than 3 but..my "Italian measurement" maybe is not the most reliable one!!!!

So, all in all, this experience has been once again a good and funny one! Next time I really hope the temperature will be more lenient so I will enjoy being outside as much as doing our research!

Nessun commento: