mercoledì 13 febbraio 2008

Wednesday: I had a very nice and quiet morning, I think we deserved it after we stayed until 22.30 last night at the Youth Center.
We had a meeting on the Contact Making Seminar which is due next week from 20th to 25th.
At first we thought it was only a clarification about the activities we will play, but after half an hour we realized that there still were quite a lot of little things to arrange and decide.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate to the discussion as I didn't understand a lot about what they wanted to do..there will be a sort of Treasure Hunt and a visit of the city, or maybe it's the same thing..the treasure hunt is a funny way to discover the city..well..I will see tonight as we will have another meeting to finish what we weren't able to bring to an end last night!

I am a bit worried for the CMS as I hope to be able to interact properly with the people who are coming..what I am saying is that sometimes I feel like I cannot be completely involved because I don't know enough about the activities, maybe because I missed something or because my English is not as good as others'. But I am really looking forward for this new experience and I really hope to get the most of it and to get to know new friends.

I was thinking about making new friendships when you are abroad some days ago (of course for enough time to build something deeper than a summer acquaintance) and I was thinking about my past experiences in other countries..I really do think to be very lucky.
I had the chance to go to lots of places and to spend some months of my life in other countries like England, Spain and now Croatia. So I had the chance to get to know many many people, boys and girls from other countries, and somebody may agree that I have been so lucky. But I was also considering that you may meet hundreds of people but a few of them only will be really important for the rest of your life..
I like reflecting on these aspects of my life because it makes me realise how unpredictable life can be, sometimes in a really wonderful way..
For example I have been 9 months in England and I can affirm that those persons who are still in my mind and heart are only 5 out of all the people I met. Maybe it might appear a bit frustrating as someone may think that almost a year should be enough time to build a strong relationship with most of them, but actually it doesn't work like this..
But there's something more important to add: those who I am still in contact with are real friends, people with whom I have built something really strong and I am sure, because I feel it, that I have a deeper and stronger link with them than with friends I have known since I was born!

On the opposite, there's the other side of the coin! maybe people pop into your life just for a few weeks or even days and you get along so well with him/her that although you didn't have enough time to get to know each other so deeply you feel he/she is really a good friend, a person who can understand you completely or nearly completely! and you cannot give yourself an answer to that but you just feel great! you are so eager!
I don't know what this experience will offer me..I am very curious about it cuz I know how good you feel when you perfectly match with somebody whom you would have never expected!
At present I will try to enjoy every single day and encounter..even the briefest or the least meaningful cuz..who knows?! maybe behind that there's another true friend!

Nessun commento: